- Meet prune farmer Ann and learn about prune production in Australia
- Walking tour of the prune orchard
- Demonstration of the solar drying system
- Taste testing the full range of delicious prune products
Come and meet Ann, the owner/operator of Naturally Dried Prune in Yenda. Learn all about the Australian prune industry and learn how new technology imported from Switzerland has reduced Naturally Dried Prunes carbon footprint by 95% during the drying process. Ann will tell you her journey from being the youngest female prune grower in Australia, to now being the only prune grower in Australia using new solar drying technology to reduce her carbon footprint. Ann will she her growing techniques and her plans and techniques to becoming a regenerative farming enterprise.
- 45min farm tour
- Prunes for tasting, including the chocolate coated range
On arrival you will be greeted by Ann who will introduce you to the Australian prune industry and her farm. After the introduction, take a short walk to see the orchard before returning to the solar tunnels for a demonstration of the solar drying equipment. Return to the ‘Prune Room’ and enjoy taste testing the full range of Naturally Dried Prune products.
- This experience runs for 45mins
- Available Monday, Thursday, and Friday at 10am, from September to March.