Pick Your Own Sugar Plums
PICK YOUR OWN SUGAR PLUMS
Enjoy a morning in a local prune orchard picking some plump and juicy sugar plums. Sugar plums ripen over time so if you like your fruit a little tart visit us on the first weekend. For a slightly sweeter plum visit us on the second weekend.
Try before you buy. We are very happy for you to eat some plums when you are picking them however, please note, that you may end up with a pain in the tummy. Consume lots at your own risk ;-).
Bookings are not essential however for larger groups please contact Ann in advance so we can ensure we have enough buckets to go around.
We will be opening our farm on the following dates from 9am -11am:
These dates may be cancelled at short notice due to wet weather. Keep on eye on our socials to see updates.
Here are some details you will need to know:
Opening hours 9am - 11am.
We live on an unsealed rd. DO NOT enter Marchinton Rd from Burley Griffin Way as this rd is a channel bank for service vehicles only. You must Zig Zag into our farm.
We are located approx 700km west of Sydney and 500km north of Melbourne.
Please follow the directions below:
For GPS directions follow the address 405 Marchinton Rd, Bilbul NSW.
From Griffith - Travel towards Yenda via Yoogali/Bilbul along the Burley Griffin Way. Turn RIGHT into Condon Rd, LEFT into Marriott Rd and then RIGHT into Marchinton Rd. We are the 3rd farm on the LEFT. We will have signs up to show you the entrance to our farm.
From Yenda - Travel towards Griffith via Bilbul/Yoogali on the Burley Griffin Way. Just over the canal turn LEFT into Cotterill Rd, then turn RIGHT into Marriott Rd and then LEFT into Marchinton Rd. We are the 3rd Farm on the LEFT. We will have signs up to show you the entrance to our farm.
From Leeton - Travel toward Yenda via the Irrigation Way and Whitton Stock Route roads. Turn LEFT into Turner Rd. Follow Turner Rd over the channel and turn Left onto Mirrool Branch Canal Rd. Turn RIGHT into Marchinton Rd. We are the 3rd farm on the RIGHT. Please use the second entrance, not the house entrance. We will have signs up to show you where to park.
- Parking - either park on the gravel or concrete near the large machinery shed.
- Visit "The Prune Room" located on the right hand side of our driveway. We have a ramp from the concrete or stair access from the gravel driveway.
- You will be asked to sign in as you are entering a private property.
- We will explain the designated area for picking. If needed, we will escort you to the location. It is a short walk (approx 60m) to the orchard.
- We will provide clean buckets for your use however if you wish to bring your own bucket, please do so.
- Pay for what you pick. You will be charged $15/kilogram for fruit picked.
- We will have CASH and EFTPOS available.
- Our full range of chocolate coated prune products will be available to taste and purchase.
- A clean unisex toilet is available on site.
What to bring:
- Covered shoes (thongs and sandals will not be permitted)
- Bucket (optional as we will provide these)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ann on 0467 681 007 or message us through Facebook or Instagram.