These are perfect for the cooler weather approaching!! Delicious and warming with a cuppa, your afternoon tea is sorted!
Made with local sun-dried juicy sugarplum prunes full of flavour and fibre plus iron and essential nutrients! @naturallydriedprunes
Preheat oven 200degrees
1 cup pitted prunes chopped
- 2 cups organic plain flour or wholemeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Pinch pink salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Zest 1 orange
- 50g cold organic pure butter chopped
- 1 cup organic full cream milk or almond milk
- Flaked almonds to top
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar & salt.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour until it turns into a breadcrumb consistency.
- Add the prunes, zest & milk, mix with a knife till just combined.
- Transfer onto a floured paper lined baking tray and flatten out a little and push into a circle shape. With a knife cut into 8 slices and like a little space in between and top with the flakes almonds.
- Bake for around 15 mins till golden on top. Remove from oven and serve warm with a dollop of vanilla yogurt, coconut yoghurt or pure cream & a drizzle of raw honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.